As a Sustainable Beddings & Towels company
• We consider the entire lifecycle of a product with an emphasis on agricultural pollution. A perfect example would be our wind-woven Eco Towels with commitments to full traceability through the whole manufacturing process.
• We seek out improvements to our sourcing and supply chain - with a mission to establish regenerative practices of materials produced by choosing to work with low-impact producers and certified partners.
• We evaluate new materials and cut out solutions that don’t meet our planet-friendly standards even if that means lost customers and market share.
• We design for minimal waste by making sure our productions are set up so that the materials produced are utilized as much as possible - our linen offcuts are collected and repurposed into napkins, kitchen towels, swatches, or used for sampling whenever we can.
• We invest in carbon offsets. Sömn's carbon offset contributions are supporting forest protection initiatives that are currently funding the Jarí Para Forest Conservation Project in the Amazon Rainforest.
• We use eco-friendly shipping packaging, down to our tissues, tapes, stickers, and stuffing, mostly made from eco-friendly, recycled, recyclable, sustainable, or biodegradable materials keeping in mind to optimize end-of-life scenarios of all materials used.