In the age of crowded online options for your bedding. You could buy the “standard” cotton and polyester sheets and end up replacing them several times a year, or you could purchase high-quality natural linen bedding which will last years and will actually help you sleep more soundly because they are more comfortable and you know they’re a sustainable, eco-friendly choice.
But just because it says “linen” in big bold letters on the description, doesn’t mean you’re getting 100% natural, low-impact, eco-friendly linens. To understand the difference, it’s important to first understand the benefits of pure, naturally-sourced linen:
Benefits of 100% Natural Linen Bedding
Natural linens have so many characteristics that make them a great luxury, comfortable bedding option:
- Hypoallergenic: If you have sensitive skin, you’ll enjoy these sheets.
- Moisture-wicking: They will wick away sweat and moisture.
- Temperature Regulating: Keeping you cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
- Antibacterial: When properly cared for, linens are naturally antibacterial.
- Softness: Unlike other fabrics like regular cotton or polyester, natural linens actually get better and softer with age.
- Durable: These are the sheets you’ll be using for years. Linen is the strongest natural fibre.
- Anti-static: No need to use anti-static dryer sheets or balls when washing natural linens.
- Fast-drying: Wash, dry, and re-make your bed on the same day!
Not all linens are the same
Be careful of deceptive businesses that claim they’re selling you “linen” sheets because if you look at the fine print, they may only contain a slight percentage of linen or may not be as sustainable as you think.
Here are the key differences between the premium, luxury linens at Sömn Home, and the “other” guys.
Sömn linens are LOW IMPACT: We consciously chose to spin, dye, weave, finish, and sew all our linens in one facility to minimize our carbon footprint, also a rare find in modern world textile production. We support sustainability down to the branding, packaging and shipping materials. (the other guys manufacture their linens in multiple facilities and ship in less eco-friendly packaging.
Sömn linens are NATURALLY ECO-FRIENDLY: Our linens are always 100% pure natural linen, making them eco-friendly. (The other guys may blend their linen with cheaper fibres and process their fabrics with harsh chemicals)
- Sömn linens are MADE IN EUROPE and genuinely crafted: We use European linen from flax to fabric. Sömn linen bedding is 100% made in Europe to give you that authentic European experience and comfort.
Sömn linens are STONEWASHED: Our linens are softer than the other guys on day one because of the stonewashed finish. And a bonus, you don’t even need to iron them after the first wash.
Sömn linens are HIGHER QUALITY: Our premium linens are heavier weight, carefully chosen and selected for your ultimate comfort.
- Sömn's ENVIRONMENTAL COMMITMENT is tangible: Sömn's carbon offset contributions are supporting forest protection initiatives that are currently funding the Jarí Para Forest Conservation Project in the Amazon Rainforest.
Authentic, eco-friendly linen bedding is the perfect choice for the environmentally conscious person and family. With proper care, they can last for years and get softer as the years go by.
Sömn Home Natural Linen Bedding
If you’re ready to make the environmentally conscious switch from regular cotton and polyester to natural linen bedding, here are some great luxury linen options from the Sömn Home store.